Monday, January 21, 2008

Social Security

I thought that working condition of government staff in third world country is not perfect and unknown about their own system but I experienced the same here in US too.

Previously, I was in US in different status of visa so I was not able to have my SSN which is pretty much straight forward but after I was admitted to graduate school with scholarship and assistantship which then allows me to have SSN. I applied for my SSN on Sept 2007 and still my SSN was not issued, and then I went to Federal office (6th time) on Jan 2008 to know what is that taking so long since I have to submit the tax form and all. There I got to know that they were waiting and asking for my visa to be stamped as F1 in my passport, I was surprised as I have all the legal document from homeland security which clearly says that my F1 status is approved and I have new I94 in it, and again the same Homeland security is asking me for F1 visa. The most funny thing is that the federal office employee working in SSN department doesn't know where to get visa.

2 comments:

NKM said...

periodicity is the secret of beauty.
Regularity is the ??? of blog.
:)

NKM said...

previous comment was off the topic. I am also quite surprised many times to see that the officials are also unknown to many items in the job-duty. They just look like hourly paid workers.